If you struggle with keeping your energy level up throughout the course of your workday, you’re not alone. Most of us deal with stress in our jobs, and if you combine that with other contributors – such as lack of exercise or poor sleeping habits – the result can be a sluggish feeling that comes and goes throughout each day.
Fortunately, there are several delicious snacks that will not only help you feel energetic, but contribute to your overall nutritional health as well:
- Apples: All fruit contains the natural sugar glucose, which your body easily turns into energy. Apples are also packed with fiber and convenient to pack along with you to work and keep at your desk.
- Almonds: The copper and manganese in almonds really help to keep your energy level high. Just be careful of the sodium that often comes in snack packs of these delicious nuts.
- Yogurt: Not only will yogurt provide you with additional calcium, but the magnesium contained in this dairy product encourages your body to release energy.
- Dark chocolate: You may think it’s a guilty pleasure, but think again! Dark chocolate is a great source of both magnesium and iron. Bars that are at least 70% are best.
- Oranges: The glucose gives you energy, while the vitamin C helps your immune system.
- Ginger tea: It’s sure to give you a pick-me-up and it’s loaded with antioxidants.
- Leafy greens: Choose a salad for lunch. The folate in leafy green protects against depression.
- Spice it up: Peppers and hot spices like cayenne naturally raise your energy level.
- Whole grains: Start the day off right with oatmeal for breakfast.
- Energy bars: Skip candy and choose a healthy energy bar – one with natural ingredients and no chemicals.
List submitted by Sara Madiuk